If you really want to learn almost all of the important aspects of writing in
the English language, the reference I use with frequency is "Elements of
Style," by Strunk and White.  There is a no cost online version that you can
find with google.

For listserv posts, the grammar needn't be too great as long as your meaning
can be easily derived.  In business and other correspondence Professor Strunk
and EB White have pulled my butt out of lingual disasters pretty often.

cdh