You're kidding me right?  $500-$600 on an Iphone and then $350 for a stream?
Get out'a here.

Why would I want braille on my phone?  Well because for one thing, I have it
and use it, and don't want to retire my $6000 braille display just to own an
iphone and look cool.  It's faster for some things.  It's private. it's quiet.
It's nice for reading ebooks in braille.  I have it now and like it.  Why would
I give it up?

Is ATNT navigater limitted to one company?  What will sprint users do or users
like me in Canada who don't use ATNT?  Can your gps give you complete info at
the push of a button, upcoming streets, points of interest, custome POI's,
busstops in locations that support the feature?  Can you make a rout directly
from your contact manager?  Can you call a poi directly from the gps to get
more information?

My Windows mobile device does all this, I get nearly tripple the battery life
out of it.  I can connect a 64 channel receiver for woss quality even in
overcast or erban canyon, and I can do a lot more but I don't use all the
features.
Do you need to pay extra for data and gps on this system you're using?  I pay
nothing.

As far as OCR goes, it would come in handy for little things.  I can't imagine
snapping a book with it, but if it were fast and high quality enough I might.

The thing is, I know people do want their phone to be a daisy reader and an OCR
device because they tell me so all the time.  When I'm picking out equipment
for people, I get them what they need to be independent and productive.  For
some people that means the IPhone, but not for everybody by a long shot.  No
braille yet, personally for me that's a deal breaker.  Not for most of my
clients it isn't though, for them it may be the GPS, or the OCR, or they may
just want a very cool and highly functional phone.  In that case, the IPhone
meets the need and off we go.  Of course it's got to support CDMA before it
will compete with windows mobile here in Canada.  Rogers has made many many
enemies here with it's nondesclosure, heavy fees and bad contracts.

Best,

erik burggraaf
A+ certified technician and user support consultant.
Phone: 888-255-5194
Email: e...@erik-burggraaf.com