for the sake of everyones sanitty on the list, shal we just agree to
disagree on this one Karren?
To answer your original question, if the iMac has a 600mhz cpu, it
will be able to run tiger (The first version of osx with voiceover)
well enough but will not be able to run leopard or snow leopard - I am
guessing that pt will require that you run leopard or sl for it to
work when the new version comes out.
You will be able to do a tiger install yourself since it is fully
accessible, so perhaps you could use the iMac as a internet surfing
machine running tiger to get used to vo when the time is right to
purchase a new computer for pt?

Iether way, good luck with pt, regardless of which version or computer
your using.

Cheers, Ben.