your situation demonstrates something important.
You and users like you have rarely if ever been who freedom scientific considered their market. Instead its the agencies, largely staffed with people who Neither understand fully or use at all the products that they feel is their market. Therefore they can charge the moon, and give green cheese for service...and get the money. They do not think you are worth their time service or consideration, to them, you do not buy the stuff directly anyway.
Karen