Hello; I understand your frustration and feel your pain. I'm a mac user because i was frustrated by the quality of windows laptops and having to convince one of three different vendors that it was their fault when something didn't work. but the truth here is different positions in the marketplace and different philosophies. JFW has a screen reader specifically for blind people a small market that the number dictate you must charge high prices to make good profits. Whether that is correct or not is not the subject here. but in apple's case they aren't offering the voiceover because blind people are a large market that spends lots of money they do it because their company philosophy is to believe that offering universal access will lead to long term growth as the population gets older and people with failing vision, hearing, or motor functions will come to or stay with mac. There are very few companies in any industry taking the long view any more but that's the difference here. Good for mac and lets pray for freedom that they can reevaluate their mission and approach and become a better stronger company in the future. for all of apple's progress, windows still dominantes the market on computers and a good economical screen reader for those machines will always have a future. thanks and take care, max