Hi Marlaina,

You wrote:

> How do I get to the previously used recipients table?  This is something I
> have never been able to figure out but know it has great uses!

The "Previous Recipients" window opens up when you select this option under the
"Window" menu on Mail's menu bar. In mail, navigate to the menu bar by either
pressing Control-F2 (the general OS X shortcut) or VO-M (the VoiceOver specific
shortcut), then press "w" to navigate to the "Window" menu, arrow down, and
press "p r" to move to "Previous Recipients" and press return.  When the window
opens, you have the option of filtering the table results by typing names, or
parts of names, into the search text field before navigating (VO-Right arrow)
to the table and interacting.  Since this is a table, you can also sort by the
column entries with VO-Shift-Backslash (for English input keyboards -- other
language users may need to bring up the VoiceOver commands menu with VO-H twice
and find the "sort" command under the table options).  Columns include name,
e-mail address, and date last used.  If you highlight a name, then stop
interacting with the table, you can navigate (VO-Right) to the buttons for
either removing from the list or adding to your address book.

Incidentally, in your case I assume you are using the MacBook Air, and probably
have TrackPad Commander turned on.  So when I write navigate with VO-Right
arrow, you can substitute pressing the Right arrow key (if you have Quick Nav
turned on), or flicking right with a finger on the TrackPad (if you have
TrackPad Commander turned on).  And when you reach the table and interact, you
can substitute using a two finger flick right to interact for VO-Shift-Down
arrow and a two finger flick left to stop interacting (VO-Shift-Up arrow).
Again, these gestures require that you be using a recent laptop's trackpad or,
in the case of older laptops or desktop Macs, that you have a Magic TrackPad
under Snow Leopard, and have enabled TrackPad Commander (VO+two finger rotor
gesture made in the clockwise direction to turn on; counter clockwise to turn
off.)  Then, you can also press the buttons by tapping your TrackPad instead of
using VO-Space.

As previously noted in threads on the Previous Recipients list for mail, if an
entry is in your Previous Recipients list, then when you start typing the email
address, you'll have the option of using auto-complete selection.  On the other
hand, if you have an entry here where you mis-typed the email address you used
to send a post, it will also be remembered in this list, as will any old email
addresses that are no longer valid, which is why you might want to review this
list and remove entries.  This is also why it can be useful to sort entries
according to the date last used, if you want to get rid of entries that are old
and no longer in use.  Of course, if you don't use the auto-complete function,
you can just ignore this.  And if you suddenly decide that you want to put one
of these older addresses into your Address Book, this can be a helpful tool to
do that.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther