Donna,

One other thing to bare in mind if you are going for the 11inch model, is that
it does not have a memory card reader.  This is done via a USB dongle instead.
Not sure if this is important to you.

I must admit, the 11inch model is very alluring.

I think I will stick with my Macbook Pro and iMac for now.  If Apple are
heading in the direction of merging both their operating systems, then I would
expect to see a merged Macbook Air and iPad.  Now that's the baby I want.  A
keyboard with a touch screen all in one.

Chris