Hi, at least in the Dutch apple store you can also get the 256 gb upgrade for the 11 inch model but it is indeed really expensive. I htought about getting it but in the end dicided against it. The decision between 13 and 11 inch was tough but in the end I opted for ultraportability.
Greetings, Anouk,