One of the major problems folks coming over from Windows have is they spend
too much time expecting the Mac to behave and BE like their Windows machine as
if they are just replacing one screen reader with another.   This constant
expectation increases ones frustration and only harms the learning process.

   Unfortunately, it doesn't work this way, and the more you battle that
mindset, the less natural the Mac seems.  The biggest thing I continually
recommend to people I train is to completely stop thinking Windows and their
Windows screen reader and to focus on learning OS X and VoiceOver.

   In six years now of having switched to the Mac, but still using Windows just
to remind myself what I am not missing, I can tell you first hand that the Mac
feels completely natural and I am so thankful for Apple every time I fire up my
Windows PC and deal with the nonsense of that backwards operating system.

    The only task that I have found that I can't do as "well" from my Windows
days is mudding, but I can deal with that in Terminal.  I don't mud as much as
I did, so I can tolerate not having a full fledged mud client.  However, it
would be nice if one could be found that works with VoiceOver as well as gmud
or zmud does.

Take Care

John Panarese
jpanar...@gmail.com