I'm sorry. maybe I should have been more direct in my meaning.

Take as a primary instance and as the discussion has formed over this product,
Skype.

Because of the way the app is designed, it's coded in 2 versions. the microsoft
windows compiled version and the mac compiled version using two programming
formats.

with reference to the accessibility coding rules, as far as microsoft are
concerned, they have played their part, however because this product is a
widespread application and developed as a port on the mac, accessibility
management has to be applied.

the XBOX is not a product I have any experience with what so ever so I cannot
justify nor make comment on the product.

My view is this.

For a product to work for us, we need to be clear to developers of what we need
in the form of screen reader support. So for this to happen, it's worth taking
a few of us to each developer, explaining what we need out of the product, the
solution, our willingness to be involved as beta testers / developers, etc to
make a difference.

A sighted person doesn't need adaptations to a product as it's straight forward
GUI method, for a blind or visually impaired user, the adaptation is
imperative. Otherwise what's the point.

I'm not going any further as this might land me in trouble here for telling
certain manufacturers of certain software what I think of them. so I won't

lol

lew