on the thought of the muppet show, if anyone remembers the swedish chef? I
think that could be me lol. banana-nana-nanana split. lol

If the UK could really improve their support systems, we'd be in a better
place, HSE regulations changed or adapted, company insurance rules changed in
favour of disabled people to give them equal chance.

The whole purpose of the human rights act, the equality act and the disability
discrimination acts is to support, in our case, disability rights and allow us
to integrate into society and be treated as equals, not confined and isolated /
segregated. What does this government want us to do? be locked in attics or
institutions until we fade to nothing? well I'm sorry but I'm not bloomin well
having it...

The point of morality is fairness to all, equality and understanding. I could
go further by a religious  study and interpolation between religion and logic
but I won't as that's not something to be done., however,

as we are human beings, we all have needs. By technicality and logic, we are
all disabled in one way or other and have needs that differ from each other,
thus the concept of humanity has to be stabilised by understanding and support.

What worries me, now more than ever, is how education and social standards have
shifted. Taking education as an example,  no one these days educates students
in ethics, respect, morals, how the world works, the differences between people
and how to interact with them and understand them, as well as treating them
with the respect they wish for.

Is it not the case that if you wish to be treated with the respect and dignity
you aim for, that you reflect that requirement in your acts and deeds to
others? This is what schools are missing, also this is called into question by
today's generation of families. I can call to an example an incident where I
was rather outraged by what had occurred. Whilst shopping with my mum (P.A), a
young lad kept shouting "Blind B******, I was made aware this brat was with
it's mother, she also decided to make references of a sickening nature towards
me and I chose to initially ignore it until it became too intense and  an
audience started to generate. I decided that enough was enough and followed to
the sound of the mother, rather than the child. I basically put it to this
woman that if she wished to continue her actions, she would be arrested under 2
counts. Section 5 public order offense and under the DDA rulings of disability
discrimination in a public situation. The lad decided to give me a kick in the
leg and my mum, at my side restrained him, I called for security and police
assistance. The attitude of the woman in question was sickening, causing me to
greatly doubt the existence of "decent people" in my home town.

I notice, as we all do, that I and we, use the word disabled when it comes to
blindness or visual impairment. My degree of tolerance to the word "disability
becomes rather "pushed" as I do not see that my sight loss is a disability in
the context that I am a living person, capable of things that sighted people
couldn't do, and at the same time, at a disadvantage to sighted people.

OK... wouldn't we all like to drive a car, read a paper without braille, see
someone's face, etc?

All I'm going to say now is this...

We are dealt with the cards the master gives us, it is up to us as to how we
deal with those cards and as to how we adapt to our limitations. If you let the
world stand on you for too long, you're conditioned to it and allow it to
happen. However... if you fight back and say "NO!" then you have the power to
change things for the better.

that's my rant over.

MEE MEE MEE MEEEEEEEEEEE! (beaker from the muppets)

lew