From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Missy Hoppe
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 8:48 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: what Voiceover bugs people want or are hoping will be fixed or
squashed in Mountain Lion?

While I agree 100 percent that Eloquence is the only speech that is
efficient enough to actually get things done with, I've never been
particularly fond of it. Not sure that makes sense given that I've used Glen
more or less exclusively for the past
12 years or so, but on the whole, I think Eloquence is seriously over-rated.
True, it's the only thing I use on the PC side, but that's out of necessity,
not because I find it pleasant or anything. I don't use the RealSpeak voices
on the mac either, though. I even bought the acapella voices, but still find
myself only using Alex as a general rule. So, while I can see both sides of
the coin on the eloquence thing, it's nothing I'd get all excited about if
Apple ever incorporated it. In most cases, Alex is responsive enough for my
needs on the mac. I'd love to see a female equivelent of Alex, though.
Alice, perhaps? It's just that when it comes to those higher quality voices,
I find the female ones slightly easier to understand in most cases.