  From: Marianne Denning
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:07 PM
  Subject: Re: If I really must get an iPhone...

  Karen, you can dial the phone by voice and I have not had much trouble
getting it to understand me even when I am giving numbers instead of one of my
contacts.  There are key boards available for typing and you can use the
numbers at the top to dial a phone number.  Someone thought you had to have
internet connection for Siri to work but that is not the case.  I have used
Siri in the car and many other places where I did not have access to the
internet.