Hi,

* Frantisek Dufka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [070509 00:05]:
> Hello,
>
> any tips how to make custom mini-B to female A cable so that N800
> switches mode automatically? Which two wires I need to shortcut in the
> cable? I  can see the pinout here
> http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml but don't see USB ID pin. Is it
> the fifth pin on mini-b connector (which may have no wire in the cable)?

Here's what I did to convert a mini-A to mini-B cable: I chopped off the
top part of the mini-A end connector aluminum shielding using side cutter
pliers and a hand file so the mini-A fits into the mini-B socket on N800.

The mini-A connector has the ID pin grounded while mini-B end has the
ID pin floating. Of course if you can figure out a way to ground the ID
pin on the mini-B end, that will do the trick too. ID pin is the fifth
pin on the mini connectors.

Regards,

Tony