Okay, bear with me past the silly title..

I bought an N800 earlier this year and ended up returning it because of many
reasons (i.e. the camera was very poor quality, the picture was off center,
etc).

Now, I'm a big Nokia fan and in earnest I was able to get a hold of two
N810s (one for me and one for my brother/sister in law) hoping that most of
these issues would be resolved..

So, in my first few hours of using the N810 I realized:

1. The camera *does not point AT me!!* Instead to center my head I have to
angle the device, it does look improved from the N800 but please somebody
tell me how this managed to happen AGAIN? Is this product beta tested? I'm
sorry for being so blunt but please I spent over $950 on these... Please
angle it down too just a degree or two. Aim for arms length!

2. The build quality on the buttons to the left is very poor -- the buttons
hit the frame. This only looks to be the case on one of them though. Should
I be returning the other as defective?

3. The top buttons on the keyboard are hard to hit.

4. The D-Pad was moved to the keyboard... this is bad for using the device
while closed.

5. As far as I can tell Skype doesn't actually do video calling on this
device. (though the audio sounds good) I'm wondering how I can video call
with someone that doesn't have an N810?

6. Why is this being marketed as a phone? I mean, I get the VoIP aspects
(and those are very very cool) but you can't really hold this up to your
ear. Yes you can use it in "speaker" mode but you can't use it in a private
way easily and quickly with a headset.

7. As a side point, one review online mentioned the keyboard was better then
the E90. I'm sure that can be left to opinion but I have an E90 and the soft
keys on it are much nicer.

8. The car mount kit doesn't include the arm for the windshield and is also
very tough to get the N810 into without seriously scratching it.

9. The cut outs for the two buttons on the left are not cut out very well
nor clear as to their purpose.

10. The number keys are on the keyboard are nearly impossible to press using
your right thumb because of the need to hold down the function key.

11. Unless you use your nail the hold button can be difficult to use.

12. The price is already kind of high, why charge $130 for the navigation
software? Is it really that good?

These points make me really sad because I could probably get a purchase
order for about 20 of these things for my family business. (#6 is especially
important in this case)

Please consider this constructive criticism (minus the heart break over the
camera not being angled properly). Aside from those things the device seems
to be going in the right direction. Hopefully we will see a version to go
use on the 700mhz spectrum when it becomes available? :) GSM would be nice
too but it's not a phone right?

Is there any chance Maemo could run on the E90 at some point? From what I
understand the E90 has the same processor.

Okay, I'm not sure if this is already in the code or not but it would be
great for 3rd party apps to be able to access the XMPP layer in the device.
This will let app developers send and receive data safely and securely from
other devices allowing cool peer to peer programs to be developed (like
two-player chess).

TIA - Mitchel