Hi,

Some personal opinions...

ext mitcheloc wrote:
> 4. The D-Pad was moved to the keyboard... this is bad for using the device
> while closed.

But allows making the device smaller.
For some people that's more important.

> 5. As far as I can tell Skype doesn't actually do video calling on this
> device.

Correct.

> (though the audio sounds good) I'm wondering how I can video call
> with someone that doesn't have an N810?

I think Gizmo and Gtalk should be able to do video,
can somebody confirm this?

> 6. Why is this being marketed as a phone?

It isn't/shouldn't.

> I mean, I get the VoIP aspects
> (and those are very very cool) but you can't really hold this up to your
> ear. Yes you can use it in "speaker" mode but you can't use it in a private
> way easily and quickly with a headset.
>
> 7. As a side point, one review online mentioned the keyboard was better then
> the E90. I'm sure that can be left to opinion but I have an E90 and the soft
> keys on it are much nicer.

The reason why the keys are hard is the thinness of the keyboard.
Another compromise for smaller size.

> 10. The number keys are on the keyboard are nearly impossible to press using
> your right thumb because of the need to hold down the function key.

I don't have N810 here right now, but I think you could either press
the function key twice or longer for it to "stick down" for the next
key press(es?).

        - Eero