Hi,

ext Niels Breet wrote:
> It has been a while since we had a discussion about the future requirements
> of the extras repository. Since there haven't been any concrete proposals
> for what we can do for the short-term, I have made a proposal[1] on the
> wiki. With this proposal I am trying to push the repository reform. If we
> want change, we need to act.
>
> I would really appreciate it if you could look at this proposal and see
> if you like/dislike this. Remember that this proposal is for Diablo, the
> more ambitious plans [2] might be a goal for Fremantle. This also depends
> on your support to various parts of the process.
>
> Please discuss the proposal on this mailinglist or on the wiki discussion
> page[3].

---------------------------
           o The autobuilder will do some really basic QA, basically it
only checks if the package builds.
           o It will also prevent packages with broken dependencies from
entering the repository.

We might want to add more checks later, but don't want to make it
impossible for new developers to upload packages.
---------------------------

Even for extras-devel I would require that packages are also:
- installable
- removable

Extras could then check that the package is also upgradable
(at least from previous version).

I guess autobuilder uses Sbox, so it would be checking installation
against GNU utilities instead of the more restricted Busybox version
that are on the device, but at least that's better than nothing.

(If system Qemu starts working well enough, maybe testing installation
could be done with it some time in the future...)

        - Eero