On Friday 25 July 2008 13:34:52 Johannes Schmid wrote:
> OK, so I don't need a suffix for hildonmm because I am upstream myself?
> What about gtkmm? On the one hand we are more or less upstream (and all
> patches go upstream) on the other hand it's of course different from the
> debian package.

My understanding of the agreement from the last discussion on this topic was
that when the package is derived from a debian package, the maemo suffix is
needed if the source package uploaded to the autobuilder is different from
the source package used for debian.

This seems reasonable to me (although I would also find a different policy
reasonable: one which said that the maemo suffix was only needed if an actual
source change or a build change which affected behaviour had occurred, but
that would be less clear).

In my view this policy means everything which uses debian as the upstream will
always require the maemo suffix as other policies require things like
changing the maintainer name for debian packages, so the same source package
cannot be used.

Graham