> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Murray Cumming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 11:20 +0100, Andrew Flegg wrote:
>>

> [snip]
>
>>> * Any package patched, or not from a existing deb source, needs to
>>> have a maemo version suffix.
>>
>> So every single package in extras should have a maemo suffix?
>>

> No, because some projects will be simple repackages of an upstream
> package with no additional Maemo patches which aren't available upstream.
>
> For example, Maemo Mapper has no Maemo-specific patches and so the
> upstream version *is* the version of the deb. Similarly, something that's
> come from (say) mud from an upstream deb without any further patches
> (probably, typically, CLI apps) would also not have a maemo
> suffix.
>
> However, if the upstream source can't build a Maemo package, or it's a
> package solely put together for Maemo, it needs a maemo suffix.

This is how I read it too. Only if we are the upstream ourselves, we don't
need the suffix. In all other cases we need it?

"If an upstream package is re-packaged or otherwise modified for maemo, a
maemo revision MUST be appended to the upstream revision." MPP section 3.2

--
Niels Breet
maemo.org webmaster