On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Murray Cumming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 11:20 +0100, Andrew Flegg wrote:

[snip]
>> * Any package patched, or not from a existing deb source, needs to
>> have a maemo version suffix.
>
> So every single package in extras should have a maemo suffix?

No, because some projects will be simple repackages of an upstream
package with no additional Maemo patches which aren't available
upstream.

For example, Maemo Mapper has no Maemo-specific patches and so the
upstream version *is* the version of the deb. Similarly, something
that's come from (say) mud from an upstream deb without any further
patches (probably, typically, CLI apps) would also not have a maemo
suffix.

However, if the upstream source can't build a Maemo package, or it's a
package solely put together for Maemo, it needs a maemo suffix.

That's my understanding - hopefully Eero could correct me?

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.bleb.org/