Kimmo and Quim:

First of all: I did not start this thread as an attack on the Maemo team,
nor was my comment, "that's disappointing," meant as an attack. It is a
simple statement of fact; it is disappointing to me that Maemo 5 does not
yet have the infrastructure in place to be able to run hardware-accelerated
3D graphics in OpenGL ES applications.

To me, this is a very important feature for any future device, and I was
disappointed that this is not apparently a high priority within Maemo.

I really want the next Maemo device to succeed, and one of the first things
the gadget blogs and technophiles will want to see is the games. This means
making Maemo 5 games friendly, and to me that means making it easy to port
existing OpenGL games to Maemo 5.

I don't know the internal workings of Maemo, and perhaps you have a good
strategy in place for games; I was thinking purely of porting existing Linux
games that were written for OpenGL. So I began thinking of what needed to be
in place for this porting to be done.

I also admit I might have been influenced by the video of Quake3 on the
Pandora. :-)

I also don't expect Maemo to port the games, I'm just concerned that the
path will be too thorny to encourage others to do it.

Alan

2009/6/3 Kimmo Hämäläinen <kimmo.hamalai...@nokia.com>

> I already said that I'm working on non-composited mode, didn't I?  I
>> don't have to do this, but I'm kind person :)
>>

> <snip>
>
> Well, the device is not out yet, so how far it could be?

Thank you for working on it.

--
enthusiast, n. "One whose mind is wholly possessed and heated by what
engages it; one who is influenced by a peculiar fervor of mind; an ardent