Marius Vollmer wrote:

> It will be hardcoded, but I think it is still negotiable.  The partition
> itself is actually 2 GB, but it is also used for the Meta Tracker
> database and other things.
>
> What about making it 4 GB?  Would that feel big enough?

    2 GB, 4 GB... I think there is always an issue when it is hard coded.

    Why is the ancient VFAT and fixed partitioning still used? Would it
be possible to partition eMMC into one big ext3 partition and just use
some kind of loopdevice or similar when exposing a part of it as an USB
storage in VFAT format? That way also the annoying "not mounted right
now" issue would be fixed, since an USB host and the device could use
the same files at the same time. I do not see technical limits, but
maybe someone should just code a relevant kernel module (the virtual
VFAT loopdevice ;) if that does not exist.

    BR,

    Henrik

--
    Henrik Hedberg  -  http://www.henrikhedberg.net/