On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 14:34, Frank Banul <frank.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 8:06 AM, Andrew Flegg <and...@bleb.org> wrote:
>>
>> Except how do you try to prevent abuse (whether intentional or
>> accidental)? At least with the version number you've got some safety
>> check (although it is in no way comprehensive). It also requires more
>> changes at more levels (I bet), so harder to implement.
>
> I don't see the difference between the safety of version numbers or
> check boxes on the promotion page since I control both.

Version numbers are more visible? It's easier to lie when no-one will
know about it (unless we percolate "this is a minor upgrade over
0.2.2" all through the website).

It's easier to check a checkbox for a semi-major release whereas
version numbers are something more sacrosanct (at least to me).

However, as I said, bigger reason is that it'll be easier to implement :-)

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:and...@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/