On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 13:58, Henrik Hedberg
<henrik.hedb...@innologies.fi> wrote:
>> On Nov 3, 2009, at 12:16, Andrew Flegg wrote:
>
>>> Agreed. -maemo0 to -maemo1 is supposed to be a Maemo-specific change
>>> or a packaging change (AIUI). Native packages (such as Hermes,
>>> Attitude etc.) don't have that suffix and use a traditional x.y.z
>>> numbering scheme.
>
>    Not necessarily. There is no official version numbering sceme for
> native Maemo packages. For example, some packages are using date, like
> 20091019.

True.

>    Packages are promoted with the web interface. Simple checkbox there
> is enough to implement this feature.

Except how do you try to prevent abuse (whether intentional or
accidental)? At least with the version number you've got some safety
check (although it is in no way comprehensive). It also requires more
changes at more levels (I bet), so harder to implement.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:and...@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/