Update:

I've built a far better .deb based on SyncEvolution 0.9.1, and put it up
at http://people.debian.org/~ovek/maemo/

It can't yet be built with a buildbot, primarily because not all of its
build-dependencies exist in maemo-devel, cppunit in particular. (I had
to install it locally into my scratchbox to build this.) It'd be great
if anyone would try to put cppunit into extras-devel (the debian package
of cppunit can't be ported directly since it depends on qt3, which
doesn't exist on maemo5, but simply compiling out the qt parts works for
me, I don't need them).

However, the binary package is probably fairly ready for testing. It is
compiled with optimization, optified, and stuff. It will synchronize
your addressbook via the Evolution backend, as well as your calendar
(including tasks and notes), via the Maemo-Calendar backend which I've
spent the last two days writing, and which now seems to work fine for me.

Wasn't sure what URI scheme to use to let the user configure which
calendar to sync, for now I've settled on "id:<calendar ID>", and
defaulting to the same calendar that Nokia PC Suite would sync to.

Anyway, everything I've got on ScheduleWorld is now also available on
the N900's builtin contacts and calendar apps... rockin',

There's still no GUI. For fun I tried to run the gtk+ ui (and again
stumbled across missing build-deps when building it - the 0.9.1 version
can't be built because of missing gnome-keyring, the git head version is
slightly easier to build), but it was totally worthless on the N900.
Guess it'd be necessary for someone to build a new GUI for this. Or
maybe a control panel applet or something. Hmm.

Still, it seems to work fine from the command line, if you really need
to sync your stuff. That's all I need, at least...