Ove Kaaven wrote:
> David Greaves skrev:
>> Ove, Patrick
>>
>> I'll volunteer to do the packaging for maemo for this if you like?
>
> Well, there's already packaging (last updated for OS2008 I think) and
> the .debs were built from it. Only thing that remains, apart from
> submitting patches upstream, is maybe clean up debian/rules a bit,
> update the build-deps, and select the final configure options to use,
> and maybe other nitpicks like that. I could probably manage that.

OK then. I've sent libxmltok-1.2 to the autobuilder already.

>> boostlib1.38 is in extras-devel but it looks like I'll need to package
>> synthesis
>> from git://git.moblin.org/libsynthesis.git - which branch? master?
>
> You won't have to. The syncevolution build system can build synthesis on
> its own as part of the syncevolution build tree, so it's just a matter
> of putting synthesis into the same source package as syncevolution, no
> need for a separate package (unless you really want it). That's what I
> did for now, anyway.

I thought that in general shipping a library's source inside another package is
a bad idea.
If libsynthesis was a part of syncevolution then it would make sense but in this
case (and given that Debian already has a package and a debian/ dir for it) I'd
keep it separate.
We do need to downgrade debhelper from 7 to 5 though as Maemo is a bit behind
there.

I also made http://gitorious.org/mer-extras/libsynthesis to manage the tweaks to
that libraries package.

> What branch to use was answered elsewhere in this thread - best to use
> the tag that corresponds to whatever syncevolution version we want to build.

Sounds reasonable - I didn't spot that.

>> Nb personally I use eGroupware and I'm getting some success (especially now I
>> have this stuff in:
>> http://k.noc.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=8 but
>> there are still some issues)
>
> Anything in particular?

like this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/syncevolution-iss...@syncevolution.org/msg00412.html

Most of my contact and calendar data goes from the device to egw but nothing
comes back.
I upgraded egw to the nightly release with the new syncml patches and enabled
the syncml option in the prefs but no change.

I thought I'd get the packages built and get a little more familiar with the
code first; right now I get the session messages but egw isn't putting a log
where it's supposed to.

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."