Ove Kaaven wrote:
> Update:
>
> I've built a far better .deb based on SyncEvolution 0.9.1, and put it up
> at http://people.debian.org/~ovek/maemo/

Thanks Ove, got it, installed it.

> It'd be great
> if anyone would try to put cppunit into extras-devel (the debian package
> of cppunit can't be ported directly since it depends on qt3,

I'll take a look at cppunit and see if I can produce a non-qt maemo variant.

> However, the binary package is probably fairly ready for testing. It is
> compiled with optimization, optified, and stuff. It will synchronize
> your addressbook via the Evolution backend, as well as your calendar
> (including tasks and notes), via the Maemo-Calendar backend which I've
> spent the last two days writing, and which now seems to work fine for me.

OK, I'd love to help get this moved forwards but I'm not familiar with linux
syncing (I run IMAP/LDAP at home and used to use eGroupWare/iCal so I've not
needed to be up to now).

Could you help me get it working and I'll put some wiki docs up?

> Wasn't sure what URI scheme to use to let the user configure which
> calendar to sync, for now I've settled on "id:<calendar ID>", and
> defaulting to the same calendar that Nokia PC Suite would sync to.
So I have no idea what you mean here...
I'll start digging ut if yo could expand that'd be great. I'll be around on
#maemo on freenode over the holidays.

> Anyway, everything I've got on ScheduleWorld is now also available on
> the N900's builtin contacts and calendar apps... rockin',
Sounds brilliant.

Lets start with a simple "howto"... assuming this allows syncing against
evolution on the desktop and also assuming a linux only setup (no PC-Suite) how
do I find out what values to put in what fields in what desktop apps?
Then what do I type where to do a sync?
(meaning do I ssh into the N900 and push, or pull from the desktop cli?)

> There's still no GUI. For fun I tried to run the gtk+ ui (and again
> stumbled across missing build-deps when building it - the 0.9.1 version
> can't be built because of missing gnome-keyring, the git head version is
> slightly easier to build), but it was totally worthless on the N900.
> Guess it'd be necessary for someone to build a new GUI for this. Or
> maybe a control panel applet or something. Hmm.
>
> Still, it seems to work fine from the command line, if you really need
> to sync your stuff. That's all I need, at least...
It's a great start :)

David/lbt

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."