ext Anderson Lizardo <anderson.liza...@openbossa.org> writes:

>> Well, the direct dependency check wouldn't do anything useful anymore,
>> or would it?  (I.e., has-dependency || pymaemo-optify-is-installed ==
>> pymaemo-optify-is-installed.)
>
> Yes, having pymaemo-optify installed after .deb's have been created
> would be a indication of that package depending (directly or
> indirectly) on some Python package during build.

That is true on the buildbot, but not on people's machines.  The
buildbot has close to the minimal amount of packages installed for any
given build, but people's machines have a lot unrelated packages
installed, usually.  So I don't think we should look into the build
environment, we should only look into the source tree or the packages
that have been built.