Kevin T. Neely wrote:
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 05:15:38PM -0700, Andrew Daviel wrote:

I don't want to create documents, I just want to view PowerPoint. And
maybe Word. And maybe**2 Excel. Not all in one huge app. For when I'm at

I'd love to be able to run office apps on my tablet, but might it not just be easier in situations like the above to use vnc or similar to connect to a desktop machine that can run these apps and viewers?

Not if the tablet is all you have with you, or a desktop machine with the requisite apps isn't available or connectable via wireless, or you simply *can't* take a larger machine with you, and the list goes on and on. When I bought my tablet, I really was hoping it would be more of a laptop replacement than it is turning out to be. After all, it's more powerful than my previous desktop, and it did all that stuff. With my SDHC cards installed, the tablet even has almost as much storage.

Mark