On Wed, 2020-08-26 at 23:17 -0400, Brian Carpenter wrote:

> I am sure Mark has moved on from Mailman 2, at least he has said that on
> numerous occasions. It is you folks that won't let him.

There is sooo much to respond to, but in order to stay on focus...
Brian, you fail to identify the problem, in fact you mischaracterized
it. Mark is essentially gatekeeping.  He is saying that he wants to
continue to control security maintenance of mm2 but he wants any other
feature development to be under a different umbrella away from his
gatekeeping.

> You want to keep using MM2 and you want the developers to keep
> supporting it.

Absolutely not.  We see life in MM2 and want the gatekeepers out of the
way.

> That pressure can/does hinder the work on Mailman 3.

That is imaginary or self-contrived pressure.

-Jim P.