On 8/27/20 3:29 AM, Jim Popovitch via Mailman-Users wrote:

> There is sooo much to respond to, but in order to stay on focus...
> Brian, you fail to identify the problem, in fact you mischaracterized
> it. Mark is essentially gatekeeping.  He is saying that he wants to
> continue to control security maintenance of mm2 but he wants any other
> feature development to be under a different umbrella away from his
> gatekeeping.

I am the gatekeeper because the current Mailman 2.1 branch belongs to
the GNU-Mailman project and I am the only member of that project who is
doing anything with updating/releasing Mailman 2.1. If I weren't there,
the gate would be locked.

> Absolutely not.  We see life in MM2 and want the gatekeepers out of the
> way.

We've had this discussion at
<https://code.launchpad.net/~jks/mailman/hcaptcha/+merge/389691>. I have
told you what you need to do to get commit permission to the branch at
<https://code.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1>, and I assume
that your initial post in this thread was an effort to get others to
join you in this. I am sure that I and the other members of the
GNU-Mailman project will give serious consideration to anything you
propose, but we haven't seen a proposal yet.

Please stop painting me as an obstructionist who wants to kill Mailman
2.1. I do not think that's a fair characterization.