Jim Popovitch via Mailman-Users wrote:
> On Sun, 2020-08-30 at 14:29 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> > I wrote a long screed, full of piss and vinegar.  But on reflection,
> > clearly nobody is reading what I wrote earlier, so let's try pithy and
> > dry.  It's still long. :-(
> >
> > Chip Davis writes:
> >
> >  > OK guys, what's really going on here?
> >
> > I don't know.  I can tell you I'm done with Jim.  You'll have to ask
> > him about what he thinks is going on.
>
> I'm more than happy to detail it.  Stephen and Mark want to move on, and
> get away from mm2, they want everyone else to follow them to mm3. They
> feel that *their* reputations would be hurt if others stayed back and
> continued to work on what they are abandoning.
>
> -Jim P.

Risky to state what one believes other people's feeling are.

Mark has been a great help to many with MM2, self included,
He & all who have helped with MM2 deserve thanks.

Inevitably there comes a time when some want to reduce time on MM2
to spend that time on MM3. Equally, some of us will not want to
have to find time to learn new MM3 tools & reconfig,  so will want
MM2 maintained by whoever can help on that.

Best chance to arrange amicable solution to MM2 maintenance is when
feelings cool, so a few days pause would probably help.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Sys. Engineer, BSD Linux http://berklix.com/jhs/