On Sun, 2020-09-13 at 09:16 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 9/13/20 9:01 AM, Jim Popovitch via Mailman-Users wrote:
> > What I want to hear from the Cabal is that there is support and
> > appreciation for efforts by others to carry on with mm2 in any direction
> > it takes them and that their representation in the Cabal is assured.
>
> So make a proposal to mailman-ca...@python.org

I think at this point the onus is on the Cabal to formally state their
position given that we seen waffling about mm2 finality and security
releases (yes, it did eventually turn out better than it looked), and
comments like this from a current Cabal member:

  "...the GNU Mailman Project whose core members control access
   to Mailman resources ranging from mailing list moderation to
   GSoC slots, has the goal of developing, maintaining and
   promoting Mailman 3, while winding down Mailman 2 gracefully."

Just what is the Cabal willing to accept in a proposal?

-Jim P.