Hello Brandon,

First, thanks for your objective mail.

Are you speaking for for Microsoft or for another company? I cannot get
that from your mail address.

Am Mi den  8. Feb 2017 um 21:48 schrieb Brandon Long via mailop:
> Generally speaking, we've seen issues with Hetzner as well, and their
> netblock and asn reputations are crap in our systems as well,

I could believe that. Hetzner is a big hoster and it is expectable to
have some bad nodes in their network.

On the other hand, what I seen from Hetzner until now is that they are
on a good technical level and very responsible if cou contact them.
However, their answer might not always be what you would like. That has
positive and negative impacts.

> but we generally have some smarts for allowing for the possibility of
> good eggs in a bad block.  It's not perfect, especially given what we
> tend to see, which is compromised boxes that can go from minimal to
> zero mail to millions in a heartbeat.

As I also manage my mail server(s) very strict and tight, I understand
what you mean. Although I would never ever block postmaster mails.
(Hmm.. to be true, I do for one reason but I really don't think that one
real mail admin will use .domain toplevel as HELO. So beat me if you
have a legal reason for that.)

> Your block seems relatively clean.

Nice to hear. What do you mean by "relatively"?

Do you have an address where I could test it and where you see the
logs/outcome?

> I would also point out that it's easier to attract bees with honey than
> with vinegar.  Casting aspersions and assumptions of bad faith may make you
> feel better, but are not likely to get you much help.

You are right, sorry.

> The complaints about javascript are also cute.

What is "cute" about caring for security? Javascript is a pestilence in
the present days web and you open up for all bad you could imagine if
you enable it feather-headed. And, sorry, but I had enough bad
experiences with Microsoft in the past to not trust them running code on
my system(s).

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <kl...@ethgen.ch>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C