On 09/02/2017 02:24, Andreas Ziegler wrote:
btw, does anyone know if the big providers take into account that some
spam is only forwarded, not originating?
we have many customers who want to forward their mail from
someth...@myname.com to their gmail/hotmail/etc. mailboxes - which
sometimes leads to problems if they receive many spam mails
Just don't...

POP3 collection works fine (I know gmail can do this), but forwarding will get your mail server blocked. We send our customers' forwarded mail through a 'sacrificial' mail server because we know it'll get blocked/rate-limited etc, and don't want it to affect normal mail. This happens even though we pass the mail through a spam filter first (although less than if we didn't) - but then, false positives from our spam filter never reach the user at all...

I never understand why users won't just collect mail from the 'proper' mail server rather than having to forward it all to gmail/hotmail. A large portion of our support issues are to do with this forwarding.