On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 12:18 PM Jay Hennigan via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> On 8/22/19 13:35, Michael Rathbun via mailop wrote:
>
> > In '1984' there's Newspeak.  Since 1995, there's been Spamspeak.  Clarity in
> > discussion is to be avoided at any (reasonable) cost.
>
> Spamspeak is alive and well on this very list. Witness the ongoing
> appearance of the spammer term "double opt-in" in recent posts instead
> of "confirmed opt-in".

It strikes me as shitty that when faced with the knowledge that
somebody has implemented confirmed opt-in, you choose to attack them
for calling it double opt-in, instead of being pleased that they've
implemented the practice.

--
al iverson // wombatmail // chicago
http://www.aliverson.com