> On 23 Aug 2019, at 18:35, Al Iverson via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 12:18 PM Jay Hennigan via mailop
> <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 8/22/19 13:35, Michael Rathbun via mailop wrote:
>>
>>> In '1984' there's Newspeak.  Since 1995, there's been Spamspeak.  Clarity in
>>> discussion is to be avoided at any (reasonable) cost.
>>
>> Spamspeak is alive and well on this very list. Witness the ongoing
>> appearance of the spammer term "double opt-in" in recent posts instead
>> of "confirmed opt-in".
>
> It strikes me as shitty that when faced with the knowledge that
> somebody has implemented confirmed opt-in, you choose to attack them
> for calling it double opt-in, instead of being pleased that they've
> implemented the practice.

And let’s not forget, the entire anti-spammer premise of double opt-in being
some sort of spammer speak being an attempt to make it look bad is complete and
total fabrication. In reality the term double opt-in was coined by the company
who patented the process as a way of demonstrating their email addresses were
worth more.

laura

--
Having an Email Crisis?  We can help! 800 823-9674

Laura Atkins
Word to the Wise
la...@wordtothewise.com
(650) 437-0741