On 2020-01-30 6:50 a.m., rps462 via mailop wrote:
"Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our blocklist (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.";

I have an ISP based out of AWS that has been getting this error since 1/20. No way to make a remediation request from that url, but I eventually found a form on support.microsoft.com <http://support.microsoft.com>. Submitted several requests but nobody has responded to them yet.

Again, it is always best to provide actual IP(s) affected, however if you are talking the AWS reputation as a whole, currently it is one of the noisiest networks out there as reported by our spam auditing team.

AS well, the number of outbound authentication attacks continues to increase.

And right off the bat, AWS needs to start offering 'SWIP' or 'rwhois' to it's customers, IMHO based on the reputation problems, but make sure that you at LEAST have a custom PTR record.

Approximately 1000 new IP(s) are detected each day.. can't help but point out this quote from a hacker..

"The hacker explained his motivation behind the dump by saying that he upgraded his DDoS service to a new model and that he no longer requires a botnet. He now uses high-output cloud services for conducting his attacks."

Not saying he chose to use AWS, but all operators who chose to conduct business on a cloud service, should insist on transparency, so it is obvious they are not one of 'those guys'.

I remember listening to an event at Lacnic, where one of the architects of Azure was talking about design plans, and how much effort was spent on inbound attack risks. Little did they know that their biggest problems could come from within the networks, and I think that you might find that a similar 'oversight' occurred in the design of many other cloud providers.

This is out of the blue. Was there a blanket decision made on AWS IPs or something? This ISP outbound is cleaner than it has ever been, very little spam gets out. I can provide IPs etc., but would rather do so off-list.

I'd greatly appreciate some help here from anybody at Microsoft.

Thank you,
-Ryan

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."