On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 3:30 PM Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:

> Do I understand correctly that this works on MUA level and not MTA?

Long answer: http://bimigroup.org
Short answer: no, with BIMI you can't track our users.

>  I'm putting
> "feature" in quotes because I see absolutely no benefit to the email user
> that may be provided by such a mechanism.

It's ok if you don't see it. However the majority of our users prefer
meaningful avatars and brand logos in their email experience as it helps
them identify email senders and it helps with them with triaging.  That's
why us (and others) spend a lot of money on proprietary solutions. Which is
silly. BIMI allows senders to control their brand in a standardized way.
And it incentives email authentication.

Looks like a win-win-win to me.