From: Dave Crocker <d...@dcrocker.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2020 3:19:05 AM
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.li...@gmail.com>
Cc: mailop@mailop.org <mailop@mailop.org>
Subject: Re: [mailop] BIMI pilot @ Google

On 7/25/2020 2:32 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian via mailop wrote:
> Oh, all I’m saying is that presenting the logo without a proper check or
> after being fooled into a proper check would be a problem.  And there’d
> be some creative ways (css? logo included at random other places in the
> friendly from? etc) spammers would look at mimicking such a logo

spammers explore any avenue they can find that looks at all promising.
but just because they do something does not mean it is effective.

So, yes, I fully expect them to spoof -- where that means what the word
'spoof' actually means -- logos.  Whether it it will have an effect on
end-user deception is a different matter.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking