On 2022-05-19 05:41, Alessandro Vesely via mailop wrote:

Couldn't the Do Not Email Registry also be domain-based?...

It could. Rodney Joffe (if my memory serves me right), implemented that very thing and offered it up for domain owners to use.

AOL and several other majors, including very large corporates (such as mine) jumped on it immediately.

At which point it became clear it wouldn't do a thing. Nobody would use it because it'd cut them off from just about every recipient.

Interestingly enough, that was Rodney's point from the beginning. It was fun while it lasted tho.