It appears that Grant Taylor via mailop <gtay...@tnetconsulting.net> said:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>On 9/12/22 5:13 AM, Thomas Walter via mailop wrote:
>> What bothers me most is that the oligopoly makes it impossible to
>> deliver emails to protect their users from spam, yet it is the biggest
>> source of it…
>
>Does anyone have any evidence that shows that the big players are the
>biggest source of spam /by/ /percentage/ of outgoing messages?

Probably not, but it's the largest source of hard to filter spam.  It looks
to me like about 30% of the mail I get from Gmail is spam, and reliably
filtering that using just content clues is hard.

By the way, I am pretty sure that the reason the blogger had trouble
getting his mail delivered is that he hosted it at Digital Ocean.
I don't accept any mail from them either, because it's 99% crud.

R's,
John