On 9/12/2022 1:29 PM, Grant Taylor via mailop wrote:
I consider it self hosted if you run the MTA software on a system and are responsible from there up the stack.

While that view has some logic to it, it probably isn't the most practical view, especial in a forum like this and a topic like this.

I'll suggest that the criterion to apply is:  Control over all reputation-related attributes and behaviors.

In this case, using a platform provider means you are fate-sharing your reputation, given that they supply the IP address.

And, yes, pretty much everyone gets their IP Address from someone other than an RIR.  But if the platform computing is being provided to you by a service, the odds are that the IP Address you use is next to someone else who might or might not be a Good Actor and that your IP Address reputation will be affected by their actions.

d/