On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:50:57 -0700, Brandon Long via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

>By their very nature, the personal servers that people are talking about
>here just don't see
>the same volume of spam.

Just about any spammed account will see a different collection of senders,
topics, &c.  My tiny self-hosted (the server hardware is less than a meter
from my left shoulder at the moment) email system has the "nadine" account and
a large pile of collector accounts that attract spam that is occasionally
interesting.  The "trymysloutions@gmail" spamgang has attracted some larger
players, finally.

Apart from some players like Renewal By Anderson and the hundreds of thousands
of "law" firms offering Camp Lejeune claimant services, with a couple of
prominent insurance firms thrownn in, my local, Google, Hotmail, Y!, AOL, and
other accounts get a widely divergent set of spams.  The market is nowhere
near saturated yet.

mdr
--
       Those who can make you believe absurdities
       can make you commit atrocities.