Its tricky I agree, but not impossible, I started back in the late1990’s I
think, and have had 3 mail servers running in that time, so around 20 years
now, it started as a hobby for friends, then just slowly expanded into friends
business’s and then there was no stopping it, now due to the volume of mail on
my servers, I have no choice but to continue it LoL. Why I hear you ask, well
it would be up to me to handle all of the transferring to the big places you
talk of, and I really don't have the time or inclination to do that, so I
continue.

I try to keep up with everything which I think I do, spam received is always
the biggest problem for me, its' a fine balance for what I want to receive, and
what my ‘clients’ don't want me to lose…….

I have never made any money from what I do, like I say, it started as an
interesting hobby……….

But I like not being part of the big corporations, and so do my ‘clients’

I seem to have coped so far, at times I have thought of packing it all in, but
something always stopes me from hitting the kill switch……..

John Devine