On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 01:16:03PM +0000, Paul Gregg via mailop wrote:
> Heads up in case anyone else is experiencing this.
>
> We are aware of a recent change in behaviour of gmail.com where
> most email is placed directly into Spam folder.
>
> So far we have dozens of customers reporting this.
> Tested myself with full SPF, DKIM and DMARC with p=reject - which gmail
> itself marks as passing all tests. The mail was also delivered over TLS.
> Mails go to Spam.
>
> We're trying to reach out to google, but so far have no response.
>
> We don't think it is just 'us', as reddit r/msp has others reporting
> same from O365 direct to gmail.

Just a wild guess based on experience - do those deliveries happen over IPv6?

I've seen similar when delivery was attempted from an IPv6 address without
proper reverse lookup.

At the time (some years back) it looked to me at least that Google had decided
to be quite a bit stricter in handling mail from IPv6 space than from IPv4.

All the best,
Peter

https://bsdly.blogspot.com/ https://www.bsdly.net/ https://www.nuug.no/