On Mon, 8 May 2023 at 20:50, Marcel Becker via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
> I can't speak for the Yahoo of over a decade ago, but I can assure you that
> the Yahoo of today will respond and try to help you if you actually reach out
> to us having a problem delivering your mail people actually want.

We think we see this SOA issues for our italian municipalities senders.

Sounds like our standard senders using @e.example.com domain in their
RFC5321 are able to deliver to Yahoo while italian municipalities
using, e.g.,  @e.comune.bardolino.vr.it (so 2 more levels) don't work.
(I have a lot of cases confirming both working and not working cases:
the non working are all the "*.comune.*.[a-z][a-z].it").

RFC5322 domain, instead, is @example.com / @comune.bardolino.vr.it
(no "e." subdomain).

How should we contact you? Am I expected to fill
https://senders.yahooinc.com/contact#sender-support-request using the
data of my customer?

In both cases (working and not-working) the "e" subdomain is a simple
CNAME to an host in A/MX records: where I am expected to add a SOA
record?

In both cases SOA queries to the "e" subdomain will simply find the
CNAME to an host without a SOA while the SOA to the remaining domain
works.

--
Stefano Bagnara
Apache James/jDKIM/jSPF