On 2023-07-12 12:53, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote:
Most of regular consumer email users don't have any reason for this. As Bill
Cole, whom I was replying to, wrote - nobody would try to impersonate you or
me in a phishing campaign for financial gain, because there won't be any.

hehehe.. they do it all the time.. It's your contacts that will fall for it, and it will probably be to place a trojan.. and clean out THEIR data, and banking information..

Trust me, fought the whole SPF for a long while, it was 1/2 baked.. but when a bank or a large instition publicizes a clean SPF record.. honour it.. they will be forged more..

And yes, email forwarding will break.. but email forwarding remotely should be killed off anyways.. everyone can log into two accounts.

Going back to slaying dragons.. This thread is getting a bit off the original posters question.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."