On 2024-06-13 08:28, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. via mailop wrote:

On Jun 12, 2024, at 11:40 PM, Hans-Martin Mosner via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:

Am 12.06.24 um 18:04 schrieb Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. via mailop:

I've also always found abuse@ to be responsive there, and it's peopled by a real person, who gives real responses (at least that was the case as recently as 12/21/23.

That's interesting, I've been sending lots of abuse reports to that address
before and never received a response (or noticed a change in the pattern). But
then I'm not a lawyer ;-รพ

That's interesting - it _could_ be in part that I'm a lawyer (and perhaps more
relevantly a known anti-spam lawyer), however I also wonder if it has to do
with volume - I report to SF quite sparingly (simply because the amount of spam
we get here, while copious, is rarely from SF).  If you are sending a lot of
complaints, I wonder if that's a factor (granted it *shouldn't* be a factor,
but I wonder if...).

Anne

---
Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.

It's you ;) Everyone answers YOUR emails ... hehehe

But seriously, yes we are seeing too many cases of emails of obviously 'harvested' email databases from SalesForce..

And no, we aren't going to report every case that we see. Thing is, anyone using harvested databases should be triggering all kinds of alarm bells at the ESP, eg hi bounce rates etc..

If their teams aren't reacting to those internal checks and balances, it is unlikely that an abuse report will carry much weight (Unless it is from Anne)

Unfortunately, history has taught us the only real way to get attention is when they end up on rejection lists.. All the way back to the SPEWS days..

And in some cases *cough* (SendGrid) even that is not enough to make change happen.

Speaking of what Business Drivers are required to enact change.. Curious.. what business drivers would be needed to have Cox and Verizon and Comcast to action compromised CPE equipment on their networks?

Not that hard to detect, (heck, I am sure others like us might even share that data) and I am sure that aside from the fact that it stealing customer data, and slowing their connections to a crawl, there must be a business driver for ISP's to let customers know about threats on their networks, or actually remove/replace those devices.

Comments?

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
"LinuxMagic" a Reg. TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.