Following on from Bill’s comment I would strongly advise the following:

* If someone asks a question on the list and you do not know the answer, DO NOT
turn to *any* generative AI instance, ask the question, and post the output as
an answer - attributed or otherwise.

On another forum in which I have an interest we’ve already seen LLMs spit out
regurgitated material from forum posts (which were not correct) as answers to
prompts, which members have then posted as answers. They were wrong in the
first place, and the more they get crunched up by the LLMs which are harvesting
the entire content of the web, the more wrong they become.

Mailop has a pretty long history of subject matter experts being just that -
experts, offering their time and knowledge to improve mail interoperability.
Please let’s keep it that way and not pollute it with the hallucinations of
expensive energy-hungry silicon!

Graeme (wearing list admin hat)